Stevo's - Tomato Spinach Review


Price at Purchase: $9.95 + tax
Size/Diameter/Slices: Medium / 12"/8
Description: Medium pizza with tomato, spinach, oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese
What We Liked:  Spinach and tomato...although I was hesitant, this pizza surprised me!  We typically find a fault with homemade crust, but Steveo's was evenly baked, light, and had a slight hint of seasoning.  We discussed coming up with descriptive words other than "awesome" and "great" but we failed miserably.  The tomatoes were fresh, were not pre-cooked (a touchy subject), and the oil and garlic added flavor, while managing to avoid being greasy.  The Parmesan cheese, although not a necessity, complemented this pizza nicely.
What We Didn’t Like: I'm not just saying this because it's healthy, but the spinach wasn't my favorite...but that's a personal preference.  Even still, I enjoyed the pizza, so it's a minor complaint (again, it was prepared the way spinach should be).  If you like spinach going into this selection, you'll definitely be happy with your meal.  Sadly, the pizza was barely lukewarm by the time I drove it home (10 minutes).  This was disappointing as I picked it up at the exact time they said it would be ready.
Overall:  A far cry from the pizza I would go for when browsing the menu, Jen's choice this time around was much more healthy than what I'm used to.  Regardless, the combination of ingredients and fantastic crust still made this a pizza I enjoyed.  If it were up to her, she would enjoy getting this pizza quite often, while I would be ok having it again, it wouldn't be my first choice.  I know this is because I'm not a spinach fan though, so this pie still gets a great mark from us :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southgate Pizza East - "White Pizza" w/Chicken, Tomato, Onion

Lucchetti's - Custom Order Review

Barbato's - Chicken Bruschetta Review